Saturday, September 4, 2010

Perspective....thoughts 3.28.10

It’s amazing how God has such a powerful way of putting things in perspective. I only wish that it wasn’t in the way it was today.




I heard news today that a young lady I know, lost her month old baby to SIDS. I can’t even find words or imagine how painful that would be. I am held so accountable by this, by my friend Dianna who shared her story with me, by the compassion and losses that my friends have opened their hearts and shared with me.



One thing I have learned is that pain isn’t a contest. Mine is worse than yours, anything you can do I can do better…that kind of thing just isn’t how it works. I am so tempted sometimes to feel sorry for myself and throw myself I nice little pity party. I wouldn’t wish what David and I are going through on anyone. But if I could ask one thing it would be that when you think of David and I please also remember those who are hurting so much more. Those who go through more painful things than I can imagine. As difficulty as our situation is, I know I can’t compare it to how painful it must be to try and try and try to have a family and to be told no. my heart breaks for this young mother who lost her beautiful son with no warning. Most of all, my heart breaks for those who must face these painful times without God, without knowing how much our savior longs to hold us, cries with us, grieves with us and promises our brokenness will not go to waste.



How many times have I missed the opportunity to share this with others? how often have I not told others about what our Savior wants to do in our lives, how much he longs to hold us, because I was too afraid?



It reminds me of a drama skit from high school. The one where some kids talk about their scars and realize that it’s their scars that connect them to each other and to the cross.

So I pray, and ask you to join me in this prayer.



Father, Abba, please hold Megan right now. I don’t know if she knows you but let her know you, and know you more during this time. Put people in her life that are not afraid to share your love and grace. Capture her tears and let them become the rain that grows beautiful and powerful things in her life. Teach us all to open our hearts to those in pain and not be so blinded by our own we don’t see what you are using us, using our pain to do. Humble me God.



In the words of a beautiful old hymn by Kate B. Wilkinson



May the mind of Christ, my Savior,

Live in me from day to day,

By His love and power controlling

All I do and say.



May the Word of God dwell richly

In my heart from hour to hour,

So that all may see I triumph

Only through His power.



May the peace of God my Father

Rule my life in everything,

That I may be calm to comfort

Sick and sorrowing.



May the love of Jesus fill me

As the waters fill the sea;

Him exalting, self abasing,

This is victory.



May I run the race before me,

Strong and brave to face the foe,

Looking only unto Jesus

As I onward go.



May His beauty rest upon me,

As I seek the lost to win,

And may they forget the channel,

Seeing only Him.



Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment