Saturday, August 28, 2010

the story of a dinky kid

Thoughts 2.27.10


I re-read judges last night. Gideon was the dinkiest kid in the dinkiest tribe called to lead and army outnumbered by some 10,000 midianties. What does God do? First he sends like 20,000 guys home. And as if being outnumbered 3 to 1 isn’t bad enough he dismisses more of Gideon’s army. His reason? So that no one will be able to dismiss that it was His power that lead the Israelites to victory. So I pray, God, prepare our hearts for victory we cannot imagine.



I won’t lie and say I am honkey dorey on this one. I’ve cried more tears in the past few days then I have in a long time. Bad news always seems to knock me on my rear. I grieve and experience hopelessness and sadness that is palpable. But I have learned God does not do good things for me because of who I am but because of who He is and who He is does not waiver. Thank you my dear friend Sara of reminding me that none of us deserve miracles but God will fill our lives with them because of who He is, not what we’ve done.

No comments:

Post a Comment